Whatever your interest level, the Madison Polo Club provides you with various ways to participate in the sport of polo. Our club offers multiple levels of membership for people interested in playing polo, whether you want to become an active polo player or are interested in trying the sport through our clinics and special events. We also have social and sponsorship memberships for those interested in a more "off the field" polo experience and activities. To learn more about these opportunities, email email@example.com or call (608) 571-5453.
POLO PLAYER MEMBERSHIPS
Player and student memberships are available for USPA players and anyone interested in learning to play polo.
Active Full Player Membership
- USPA members, playing four chukkers and practicing three times/week
- Full access to the polo field and participation in all practices and games.
- Cost: $1000/year
Active Half Player Membership
- USPA members, playing four chukkers and practicing two times/week
- Full access to the polo field and participation in all practices and games
- Cost: $750/year
Associate Player Membership
- USPA members, playing two chukkers and practicing 1-2 times/week
- Limited access to the polo field and secondary participation in all practices and games
- Cost: $500/year
6-Practice Punch Card:
- Upon club's approval
- Limited access to the polo field and tertiary participation in all practices and games
- Cost: $240
- Anyone interested in providing support and becoming involved in the sport of polo
- Receive a club shirt, sideline access at games and practices, single entry into club tailgates and social events
- Added to the club's mailing list for news and updates
- Cost: $100/year
A limited number of polo ponies are available for lease:
- $25 per chukker for practices
- $50 per chukker for games
- We will put you in contact with available horse owners
Students attending the University of Wisconsin-Madison should know that our affiliate polo club, the Polo Club of UW-Madison, offers membership and practices during the school season at an alternate indoor location. Depending on the year, the UW Polo Club travels to compete, brings in visiting teams, and practices weekly. Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org directly with any inquiries.
PRIVATE POLO LESSONS
Individual polo lessons may be available upon request. Please reach out, and we will accommodate interested parties to the best of our abilities.
- $80 per hour; prices vary if more than one person
* These lessons may be held at an indoor facility
POLO SCHOOL - LEARN TO PLAY
The Madison Polo Club invites you to learn to play the exciting sport of polo! Beginner to advanced riders are welcome. Polo instructors work closely with each student to build proper horsemanship, game strategy, swing, and teamwork.
Summer Polo School (on hold for 2022 season)
Six Week Session starts in mid-July
Fall Polo School (on hold for 2022 season)
Four Week Session starts in September
Polo School Includes:
- Proper Horsemanship
- Game Strategy
- Swing Instruction
- Rules Discussion
- Instructional Video upon registration
- Foot Mallet Experience
- Horse/Tack/Mallet Provided
- Limited Helmets Available
All students must bring and wear a properly fitting helmet and riding boots.
We would be happy to discuss how you or your company can get involved today. Publicity, outreach, social media, and other benefits may all be available for your company. Sponsorships are very important for the development and accessibility of our club. To learn more about sponsorship opportunities, email email@example.com or call (608) 571-5453. Thank you for your consideration!
Members of the public who participate in or observe any polo-related activities at the Hickory Knoll Farm should sign a release of liability. A waiver is required for all participants and spectators out on the polo field. Please download, sign, and bring with you or fill it out and submit online!
MPC MAILING LIST
Consider joining our mailing list and stay informed!